Here is what the “Supporting Actor in a Drama Series” category would look like if I was in charge of the Emmys (unfortunately, you can only nominate six people).
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- Jonathon Tucker (Jay Kulina, Kingdom)
– Dylan Baker (William Crandall, The Americans)
– Nestor Carbonell (Sheriff Alex Romero, Bates Motel)
– Costa Ronin (Oleg Burov, The Americans)
– David Dawson (King Alfred the Great, The Last Kingdom)
– Clayne Crawford (Ted Talbot, Jr., Rectify)
Runner-Up: Robin Lord Taylor (Oswald “Penguin” Cobblepot, Gotham)
Jonathon Tucker is my cheat this Emmy season. I don’t have DirecTV so haven’t had a chance to watch season 2 of Kingdom yet (when the DVD comes out I’ll snatch that up). Season one’s Jay Kulina was electric, in his varied interactions between different members of his family. I don’t see season two being a major departure from the groundwork Tucker established of a very loyal, angry force of nature.
And let the debates begin! Do you agree with my choices? Disagree? Voice your thoughts in the comments below and organize your own nominee list using the official Emmy ballot.
Also be sure to check back July 14th when the official nominees get announced.
(P.S. No worries if your choices are long shots (certainly many of mine are). but it’s nice to pretend they have a chance anyway.)