Here is what the “Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series” category would look like if I was in charge of the Emmys (unfortunately, you can only nominate six people).
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
- Kether Donohue (Lindsay Jillian, You're the Worst)
– Yael Grobglas (Petra Solano, Jane the Virgin)
– Carol Kane (Lillian Kaushtupper, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt)
– Anna Chlumsky (Amy Brookheimer, Veep)
– Chelsey Crisp (Honey, Fresh off the Boat)
– Emma Kenney (Debbie Gallagher, Shameless)
Runner-Up: Fortune Feimster (Colette Kimball-Kinney, The Mindy Project)
I don’t know which episode Kether Donohue chose to submit as her showcase but I hope it was season two’s “Side Bitch” for scenes like Lindsay embracing walking as a means of transportation. Getting to watch Lindsay approach single life again was a comedy goldmine this season. Getting to hear Kether Donohue sing (twice!)even more so. I don’t know what season three (and her reunion with Paul) will bring next, but in that regard, August couldn’t come sooner.
And let the debates begin! Do you agree with my choices? Disagree? Voice your thoughts in the comments below and organize your own nominee list using the official Emmy ballot.
Also be sure to check back July 14th when the official nominees get announced.
(P.S. No worries if your choices are long shots (certainly many of mine are). but it’s nice to pretend they have a chance any